Seamus

Seamus
My little old man

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Meet Seamus

Hi all, my name is Seamus. I am a 10 yar old weimaraner, that's senior in human terms. I lived my whole life with my "first dad" until the fall of 2010. One day he was gone, the humans said he died, but I don't know what that means. I was very confused that I couldn't find him anymore. There was no one to take me in, so I was going to be put down. Luckily a nice man with senior dog rescue in Belgium heard about me and put me on the internet.

Then one cold and rainy November day my new mom & dad came to see me. They had to drive a long way! But they said they were in love with me before they ever met me. They decided right on the spot they were going to be my new forever home. We never looked back.

I am a big guy, but really just afraid of everything. Even though my first dad loved me very much I was never socialized with other dogs and didn't go anywhere. So mom says I have some problems, I don't see it that way. When ever I see something that frightens me I just lunge and bark my head off, I'm just telling them to go away. They don't usually.

But I am the sweetest boy, my mom says. I am very attatched to her and like to follow her around in the house. I am ok if she goes out, but I like to watch for her at the window. But if it takes too long I go and lay on my bed to take a nap. I sleep about 18 hours a day. I don't touch anything in the house that I'm not supposed to. I do like to collect shoes and take them to bed with me, but I don't chew on them, so mom says it's not that big of a deal.

Hope you enjoy reading about my life. To me it's very exciting! I go places and see all kinds of things. But the best part of my day is snuggling on the couch with mom & dad after dinner. I am a real snuggly guy and like to lay under my blanket. Mom says I am like a big furry baby and that I make her smile every day.

7 comments:

  1. Seamus, Your story is so bittersweet! I know you must have really been scared and wondering what happened to your first human, but I am sure that your new life is JUST GRAY-t!
    I'm a rescue too... I was the second Weim my Ma and Da brought home... Blue was the first boy--alot like you not overly socialized and scared of lots of new things! One thing he taught Ma and Da was that adopting a senior was priceless and... you an old dog can teach YOU new tricks!
    Welcome to blogging and give your momma abig wet weimie kiss from me!
    ciao.
    ~hdj

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and by the way... you are VERY HANDSOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Seamus! It's about time your mom got your blog ready! I can't wait to read all about your adventures in sunbathing and sleeping. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures Seamus!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Seamus, What a lucky guy you are! I love to read about you and your happy ending to a sad story. You have a beautiful blog. Tulla is going to be jealous when she reads it. I may not tell her about it. We have a blog too but it's mostly not about Tulla. Please tell your parents to post again soon with lots of pictures. I loved the supervising pictures in the garden the other day. What fun to have a friend in Holland. Perhaps some day we will meet. Meeze and Tulla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blog world Handsome Seamus <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love you Seamus and are glad that you still have a good life. :)

    ReplyDelete