Seamus

Seamus
My little old man

Monday, May 9, 2011

Belated mother's day

A great holiday for many, sad for a lot of people. I usually work at the elderly home every mother's day, if the day is not my day I switch with another volunteer who would like to spend time with her kids and grandkids. But this year we went to a play about the complicated relationship a mother can have with her child and the unconditional love she has for them. It was very enlightening.


But as fate would have it...I was looking through a box of old cassettes my dad had seeing as I have a cassette player now in my old new car. I found one with the family on it from Christmas 1976. It reminded me of the tapes I had from my mom and went looking for them. My mom and her mom used to send each other tapes instead of letters when my mom lived in Holland. I heard my mom's voice again for the first time in over 8 years.
This is my favorite pic of my mom, taken a long time ago. Seems like yesterday and yet a lifetime away. 

I still miss you mom! 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely picture of your mom. I can see why you love it so much. There's a tremendous amount of insight into who she was. That's why I love portraits. Because a simple portrait can tell you so much about the person.

    ReplyDelete